{Collins} Re: 75S-1 Tuning Dial Drive Slippage

Remove the main tuning knob.  Loosen the nut that
holds the busing in place VERY slowly (that is just
barely loosen it) and move the bushing just slightly
towards the bottom of the unit.  This will tighten the
slip drive.  You may have to experiment to get the
tension "just right".  However, make sure that you do
not get the drive away from the dial.  If this
happens, you are going to spend some time getting the
slip drive back on the dial.  Not impossible, but
definitely a "pain in the posterior" (and yes, this
has happened to me quite a number of times over the
years).

Glen, K9STH

--- Bill Scurlock <k5gcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've just about completed the refurbishing of the
> 32S-1, 516F-2, and 75S-1.  One nagging problem is
> remaining with the 75S-1 PTO tuning drive.  When
> trying to tune in a station, there is about a 1KHz
> slippage in the mechanical drive system when
> changing the tuning direction using the main tuning
> knob.  The problem seems to be more pronounced at
> certain locations/positions of the tuning dial.  The
> set screws on the PTO shaft are so tight I have not
> been able to loosen them - so that should not be the
> problem.  The only thing I can come up with is that
> the split metal drive disc (friction drive) must be
> slipping.  Has someone been down this road before
> that could advise me on how to fix the problem?

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
.