Welcome to the MMAAA List Serve.
This service is to answer questions, create discussions, and generally inform those using the list serve.
Here is a basic outline of the “Rules of the Road”:
1. MMAAA is a professional association and our list serve discussions should reflect our professional nature.
2. Please be aware that ALL mail sent goes to everyone on the list, so keep personal messages for personal emails.
3. At the end of your email, please be sure to include your name and town.
4. As a reminder, list serve correspondence is a public record.
5. Use descriptive titles in the subject line so everyone can follow the threads and easily access the messages. Always “Reply” to the message to keep the thread going.
6. Ask only one type of question/topic per email. You will get a better response to each question.
7. Limit line length to 80 characters for those who use email systems that require it.
8. Be sure to turn off your auto reply (or set for only one response) when you will not be in the office.
9. Be brief, respectful, and professional.
10. While it’s always nice to be courteous, “thank you” replies should be sent privately. This keeps the number of emails to members at a minimum.
11. Before posting a question, be sure to check the MMAAA website’s List Serve Archives to see if the question has been asked previously.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the MMAAA
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to MMAAA by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.