{Collins} Heater voltages for the 6146 series tubes.

I found the following info usefull to those with varing line voltages.

I have noticed that the RCA tube data sheets on the 6146/A/B
has the following interesting piece of information:

RCA "Dark Heater" with 5 to 8-volt range.

Base Operation: 6.3V +-10% for best long heater life.
Mobile Operation: 6.0 to 7.5V for best performance.
Battery Operation: 5.0 to 8.0 for maintained useful operation.

For Standby Operation:
During standby periods in intermittent operation,
the heater voltage may be maintained at normal
operating value for most applications.

In those applications which require maximum reliability,
it is recommended that the heater voltage be maintained
at normal operating value when the period is less than
15 minutes; that it be reduced to 80 per cent of normal
when the period is between 15 minutes and 2 hours;
and that for longer periods, the heater voltage should
be turned off.

Interesting.... My TS-520 has a PA heater switch.... Hummm....

Mary Christmas,
JohnB
K1JEB