{Collins} Troubleshooting a 516F-2

Happy New Year to the members of the list!

I am expecting to troubleshoot a 516F2 that should be arriving next
week.  I was told that "it blows fuses", and now with Dutch' postings
about the chokes that protected the fuse,  I think back and remember
some postings made in the past about using a light bulb in series with
the device under test to save on blown fuses and limit current.  Can
anyone offer any help as to how to do this?   Thanks.

73 Ron  WA2EIO