{Collins} More on tuning problem with 70S-1

I've been working on a 70S-1, on which the tuning dial slips.  After
replacing the tuning dial, etc., I've narrowed the problem down to bindin=
between the PTO shaft and the nylon bushing in the front of the receiver.=
 =

It seems that the hole, though big enough for the shaft to get through, i=
slightly too small for the shaft to turn easily.  Has anyone encountered
this?

John
w4kv