{Collins} Re: HF-380A Information?

Hi Ken,

I have a HF-380A serial #003. It has all filters (the am filter is 8 kHz
instead of the standard 6 kHz) and is painted OD. As far as I know only
a few prototypes were produced to be shown to potential customers.
Rumors are that Rockwell lost and Harris got the contract.
Mine came out of the Rockwell Collins field office in Germany and made
it thru a couple of ham shacks before I bought it 3 years ago from a ham
in France. Rockwell Collins Germany also had a 451 receiver. This is
basicly a KWM-380 less the transmitter. Only about 10 were ever made.
The Rockwell Collins field office Germany probably served Europe, Africa
and Middle East and tried to sell these to military or commercial customers.
The HF-380A and the 451 are part of my "KWM-380 family and friends"
collection which also includes the HF-281, HF-282, HF-380, matching
antenna couplers and a programming device for the coupler.

73
Heinz KM5VT