{Collins} 310B1 to B3 conversion

I know thru the years I've seen a number of 310 B1's coverted to B3's for use
as a low power transmitter, but I'm not exactly sure what people have used to
do it.  I have an old MB40 National that has components that look like they
are used in the B3 - does anyone know if there was an article or any other
documentation available on the conversion or have any suggestions on what to
do?  Thanks much. Scott