{Collins} Collins Communications Van

Dear CCA and friends,

As you may know, I have the Collins Van which I restored a few years
ago.  At this point I have no plans to offer it for sale.  The recent post
to that affect by our friend Mac is fun but not substance!!!!  The
equipment list in Mac"s post is accurate.  If anyone wants to make a
reproduction of the Van from a 1964 Ford Econoline Van there are many
floating around and I would be glad to provide pictures, etc.

I brought the Van to Dayton and then to the CCA convention in Dallas, two
years ago.  At that point there was transmitter trouble but thanks Butch
everything is running fine.  I plan to bring it to the Collins Gathering in
Dallas this fall and back to Dayton this next spring.  It is working great
these days thanks to many who have helped.   Thanks to John Bess who
recently found the original letter offering the Van for sale; which was the
basis for Mac's post.  Doe anyone know where I could get line drawings or a
schematic of the wiring inside the Van.   I have never found these.

Thanks so much!

Jim Stitzinger, WA3CEX