{Collins} 75A-4 Help

I have a chance to buy an A-4 locally. I have looked at it and see that it
has the engraved plaque placed offer the usual logo on the dial escutcheon.
It now is called a "75A-4A" or something to that effect.
The seller is telling me that there was a guy that was doing A-4 redo's in
New Jersey at one time and this was a trademark of his work.

Can someone tell me first is there anything about this work that might not be
desirable, and secondly has anyone had any experience with taking this plaque
off without messing up the original escutcheon finish.

Thank you,

Bob    CCA-1129

Now AB3L