{Collins} 4:1 gears

Hello everyone,

I, like many others, purchased a new set of gears from Dutch, and I must say
that they are a piece of work!  Great stuff.

My question is:  do the gears need replacing often?  Do they wear out or
break frequently?  I have had two 75a-4's for years and neither of the
original gears have given me any trouble.  They do need to be cleaned and
greased once in awhile.

I suspect that the demand for the things comes from a conversion over from
the original direct tuning mech. to the 4:1 system.

Just wondering.........

Larry   W5VHP