{Collins} 75S-3B/C Filter Cover

Greetings to all.  I have a couple of questions for the group. Can the mechanical filter cover found on later 75S-3B/C's serve as a direct replacement for the hold-down bar used on earlier models?  I have an earlier model with the hold-down bar and it has bonded securely to the filter and I would like to replace it with a cover type if it is a direct replacement.   If so, does anyone have a spare for sale?

Lastly, does anyone have a technique for removing the filter from the hold-down bar without damaging the filter?  I am considering using a heat gun and wonder if anyone has tried it before with any success.

Thank-you and 73's.  Bob -- WA1RAW