{Collins} Re: Recommendation Needed

I'd tend to agree with what you've said.  I'm not a really serious
collector.  My interest in Collins radios comes from several experiences
during my early years in ham radio.

I started in 1956.  Collins was the best you could buy.  Our high school
radio club adviser had a 75A4 and 32V2.   I had a S-76 and a Dx-35.  I
was understandably jealous!

Also, I have always been interested in receivers.  Consequently my
collection is biased in that direction.  While I use Kenwood radios for
most of my daily needs, I bought a KWM-2A on the theory that it would
make a nice CW rig.  Oh, did I mention I'm almost exclusively CW and
QRP!  I soon learned the error of my ways!

Next I bought a mint 75A3 in its original factory box!  i love it.  his
was followed by a 75S3C.  Great fun to listen to.

I have bought all of them with condition in mind.  This applies to all
the radios in my collection.  I don't think you can go wrong by buying
great gear while you can still buy it for less than a new car!

73