{Collins} Re: 51S-1 question. What is it?

Walter,

Pictures are NOT ALLOWED.  Just give a link to the picture.  In this case you
could have just given us <http://members.aol.com:/rfspanky/EBAY/rimg0100.jpg>.

I looked at it on eBay and you are seeing the fiberglass tuning wand for the
receiver.  I still have one that I purchased direct from Collins in the early
1970s when I rebuilt two formerly military 51S-1.  I've not seen them for sale
and searched and found my spare one.  My first one went when I sold the 51S-1
in the 1970s.

By the way, they need some filing and shaping after a bit of use as the ends do
wear down.

Ian, K6SDE