{Collins} 32S-3A Conversion Kits

To the historians:

I just picked up a narrow eyebrows unit that underwent a conversion kit
upgrade at the Collins Service Division factory.
Were these widely done at the Collins ship versus by dealers/individuals?

Anyone know how popular the conversion kits were and if a converted unit is
also considered "scarce"?
Seems to me the 3A's, in general (real or conversion), have become pretty
scarce- or is this my imagination...

I also assume the 75S-3C conversion kits were much more popular...