{Collins} Re: Broken 51J-4 tuning slug question

Hello all,

The slug can be successfully glued together and will work just like new because the ferite is still there and the radio will never know that it was glued.

I recommend you use "Superglue Gell". DO NOT USE "J.B.Weld" or any other glue that contains metalic particles.

Make certain that there is no glue residue left on the outside surface of the slug as it has to travel freely inside the coil form.

Hope this helps,

John, WA5VVT, V.P. and Board member CCA