{Collins} Re: Preselector slipping on 75S-1

Ken and all,

There is a setscrew (Bristo not Allen wrench) that has a lock nut holding it in adjustment on the back of the slug rack. That is the framework holding the slugs that the preselector moves. Hold the setscrew with the proper tool, loosen the lock nut and tighten the set screw. Do not tighten it any more than necessary to get complete 180 degree tuning. Then tighten the lock nut while holding the setscrew at the proper setting so that it does not change while you tighten the lock nut.

You can lubricate the bearings and the back bearing (the front and rear of the long round shaft that the Preselector knob is connected to)with white lyth. grease or a good silicon. Do not use something like WD-40 or other petroleum based product.

Hope this helps,

John, V.P. and Board member CCA