{Collins} Re: I bit the bullet. Now I'm So-o-o-o excited! (But I have a few questions)

Walt and all,

"Walter E. Cheatham" <wearlc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Now my questions.
>Is a DL-1 required? (I think is probably is.)

Only if you do not have a good dummy load or just want to add it to your new collection.

>How about a 312B-4, is it a needed item and does it ALWAYS contain the
>phone patch?

It is a very nice accessory to have and it came with the phone patch installed.

(Incidentally, with the more modern phone systems, does the
>phone patch work with the new systems?)

I would think so as it is an audio patch and audio is what we speak into the phone and audio is what we hear on the phone. It should work fine.

>Then there is a Microphone. Is there a recommended one or type?

Any high impedience mich will work. D-104, Sure 444, Heil, etc.

>Of course I'll now be forced (Oh, the pain! ha ha) to get my license.

Go for it. You have your motivation. Now get with the program and join the Collins group on the air. I hope to hear you on the air with that station.

Vy 73,

John, V.P. and Board member CCA