{Collins} Re: Preselector slipping on 75S-1

Ken,
A simple way to "fix" the preselector is to tighten the set screw on the
real of the assembly.  Since the original lubricant dried out many years ago
it is better to disassemble the entire preselector mechanical assembly and
clean it with Simple Green.
Work in a secure area, the ball bearings and other small parts are
irreplaceable.  When dry, use a small amount of lithium grease on the
bearings and sliding surfaces.  A light dusting of talcum powder on the
slugs will make them slide smoothly.
After reassembly set the tension on the rear set screw just tight enough for
reliable operation. Your "new" preselector will work like the day it left
the factory.

Jim