{Collins} Re: 32S3 CW issue

Dan,

The offset in frequency is the nature of the beast.  The sline was not
intended to be used in transceive on CW (as crazy as that seems by today's
standards!)  When CW is used, the separate vfos are considered normal
operation.  That is why there is no reference to what you are experiencing.
I believe it's the passband in the filters that causes the shift.

John WA9ZBW

>From: Dan.Newby@xxxxxxxxxx >Reply-To: Dan.Newby@xxxxxxxxxx >To:
collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: {Collins} 32S3 CW issue >Date: Wed, 7 Jul
2004 08:31:55 -0400 >>>>>>I noticed last night that when operating my 32S3
and 75S3C in transceive >mode, the tx frequency is off about 400hz. I found
this out by listening to >my Jupiter's tx signal on my 75S3C. Then I
transmitted on the 32S3 and had >to tune the Jupiter about 400 hz to be able
to hear it.  If I operate the >Collins in split mode, I can use the CW spot
function on the transmitter to >zero beat with the receiver and it is on
frequency like it should be. >>I quickly looked thru the manual and found no
reference to calibrate the >transmitter to the receive when in transceive
mode. Did I overlook >something? Is there a way to do this? >>Thank you,
>Dan>WD4LUR >>>>  NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments
transmitted with it may >  contain legally privileged and confidential
information intended solely >  for the use of the addressee.  If the reader
of this message is not the >  intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any reading, >  dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or >  its attachments, hyperlinks, or any other files of any
kind is strictly >  prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify >  the sender immediately by telephone (865-218-2000) or by a
copies and >  backups thereof. >>>>>Sponsored by the Collins Collectors
Association http://www.collinsradio.org >Nets: Tues: 3.805 Mc-2000 Central /
Thur: 3.875 Mc-2000 Central >Fri: 3.895 Mc-2000 Pacific / Sun: 14.263
Mc-2000UTC >1st Wed (of the month) AM Net 3.880 Mc-2000 local (ET, CT, MT,
PT) >Sun AM Net: 29.050 Mc-1200 Central >