{Collins} Help! Newbie restoring a pair of gold dust twins

Hello All,
Excuse the long post. This is my first attempt at restoring
any vintage equipment and I could use some advice.

I just purchased a pair of gold dust twins.
I think I got a pretty good deal, $1000 for both.
That's the good news....

Here is the rest of the story:
I bought these from a another ham who purchased
them from the wife of a SK who was the original owner.
(who knows what he paid for them from the SK's wife but I'd bet
it was next to nothing)  He didn't do anything with them except run
a damp cloth over them.

The 75A-4 is missing a couple of tubes (5Y3GT and 6AL5) and according to
the fellow I bought them from the receiver was believed to be not working
by the wife of the SK. It appears to have had a modification around V22,
There is a pot hanging out from the chassis. There is also a mod on V3,
a socket adaptor has been cut in and a cap is hanging off of it.
The paint is fair at best. Lots of small chips all over the enclosure - none
or very few on the face. Has CW and SSB filters. It still has the original power cord.

The KWS-1 is supposed to be working or at least it was the last time the
SK used it - about 10 years ago. The KWS-1's RF deck appears to be in good
shape besides for the paint. The paint is pretty rough, front
face is nice except for around the lid - many many small chips on the enclosure.
There is a large cap from V102 to ground. It is just hanging there. Pretty sloppy...
The audio gain knob is not original. No blower hose. The power supply seems
to have several mods. Paint is rough. Missing F501 and F502 fuses.
Also missing V506 (OB2) and V505 (12AX7). V509 (6A57-G) has been pulled and
has a jumper wire attached between two receptacles on the socket. V503 (5Y3GT)
has been pulled and two wires are running to some resistors (also just hanging there)
Looks like another wire is just hanging there not attached to anything. Apparently the
power supply has been converted to a solid state rectifier V501 and V502 (886A's)
have been pulled and replaced with diode rectifiers by Solitron Devices Corp.
Looks like the door has the original key. There are many holes along the front sides
of the enclosure. Is there supposed to be trim there or something??? Is anyone familiar
with these modifications? If so are they preferred to the original design?
The modification around V503 looks highly suspect.....

What are my options on the hose?

I have read about the cap replacements in the KWS-1, any similar issues with the
75A-4? ( I am planning on tackling the 75A-4 first....) Any advice on bringing up the 75A-4
after being dead for 10+ years??? I wish I had a big variac... I would assume it would be a
good idea to replace the 2 prong power cord with a three before doing anything???
I am planning on pulling the chassis and giving it a through cleaning. Then scrubbing
the enclosure with some mild detergent and water.  In have checked the reflector archives
on the painting issue. Anyone have any recommendations?

I also bought a ITT R-390A ($150), I've done some checking around on that one, I can't
find any mention of it anywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks to all.

73,

Paul W4QG