{Collins} Re: Help! Newbie restoring a pair of gold dust twins

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I have the solid state rectifiers near top of the list
of things to clean up. The rectifiers that were put in the supply are not
the type
that emulate a tube , they do not have a tube base.
They are made of molding and are about the size of my index finger.
They are more of less just hanging there, one wire is plugged into one
of the receptacles in the 866 socket and the other side runs to the ceramic
connector. It looks like the unused receptacles in the 866 sockets have
been removed. I spent a little time this evening just poking around the
power supply, I will tell you that whoever did these modifications sure
had some guts to use the rig. Very very sloppy job on some of it around some
high power circuitry.

I would very much like to get a copy of 'The Care and Feeding of the KWS-1"
I believe mine will need quite a bit of care first before I can feed it!!

Ok, the rack mount explanation for the holes makes perfect sense. Sure
didn't look like a
aftermarket hack job....

On the "Saint James Gray" paint, it looks to me that the twins are
black or at a minimum a charcoal color. It that gray a very dark gray??

Thanks and 73,

Paul W4QG