{Collins} Re: Needed Cleaning Suggestions

Bob,

Do not use anything on the front panel that will polish it!  A little soap and water
is probably the best on the fronts.  The Collins S-line stuff has a dull finish to the
front panels, meter cases, escutcheon and yes even the dials.  You immediately know
when an S-Line piece reported as CCA 10 has been rubbed down and polished by just
looking at the front panel.  A real CCA 10 front panel would be spotless, zero
scratches, white silkscreened labeling would be "white" (not a slight yellow) and
everything would be a nice and dull! ;)

As with any cleaning, especially inside, start with a dusting, then a damp warm cloth
and next a damp cloth maybe with a little mild soap.  If you need to go futher then
experiment with very small sections and monitor if your damaging any ink markings or
silkscreening.  A Q-Tip is probably the best and safest means of cleaning.  A little
bit at a time and take your time.

Good luck,

Don N9OO