{Collins} Re: Needed Cleaning Suggestions

I'm sure you will get lots of e-mail on this .

I start by removing the PTO, Meter, tubes, tuning bars.....
Cover the serial number tab.
I use Simple Green applied with a 1/2 inch artists brush and rinse with
distilled water.  Avoid soaking the IF cans/coils.

Let it dry for a day or so, clean the switch contacts, clean and re-lube the
Preselector/Exciter tuning mechanisms.
While you have the rig apart you might as well re-cap and lube the PTO.

Jim

http://www.collinsradio.org