{Collins} Transformers

Here is an interesting post that appeared on the Heathkit list in response
a question concerning a replacement transformer for a Hallicrafters HT-37
power transformer:

"
I have had several transformers rewound by Heyboer transformer Inc. There
address is 17382 Hayes Grand Haven MI. 49417 Phone 616-842-5830  I will bet
their price will be less than half of what you have listed in your post. A
couple of years ago they rewound the main power transformer for my HT-9, it
cost me 65.00. I'm sure the price will be some what higher today, but no
where near 250.00.

Hope this helps,

John Meyer K8IHY
Hudsonville MI.
jomeyer@xxxxxxx  "

Has anyone approached this fine company about restoring Collins
transformers?
I would guess they could also adjust the turns ratio to supply the correct
design voltages while rebuilding a transformer.

http://www.heyboertransformers.com/index.shtml

                                       ---  CHAS  WA2DYA