{Collins} Re: Collins 70E-12 PTO

That is only  5kc difference. There is a procedure to adjust the VFO if
it has drifted beyone a point which can be compensated with the zero set
control.  Pretend yours has drifted a bit and try the following:

Tune the receiver to an accurate 2000kc frequency standard, set the
vernier dial corrector to mid-scale, loosen two set screws on the
oscillator shaft and turn the oscillator shaft until zero beat is
obtained. Make the final adjustment on AM position and selectivity
control at 4. Adjust the oscillator shaft for maximum indication on the
S meter and tighten the set screws without distrubing the setting of the
oscillator.

73 - Bill H.