{Collins} Re: Fwd: Re: 6146B Neutralization technique

In just about all the broadcast transmitters that I've handled, the term
"right side of resonance" comes to mind.  This was accomplished by adjusting
the PA network for resonance as indicated by a dip in plate current and then
adjusting for a slight increase in plate current which yielded slightly more
output.  This increase was always accomplished by effectively reducing the
value of C or tuning to the high side of resonance.  Going to the other side
of resonance did not product an increase in output.  This is true on the AM
rig that I run on 160M. (See my call on QRZ.COM for a pix of the little
rig.)  as well as the grounded grid 8877 that is on VHF.

It's been a while since I've dealt with a pair of 6146's, although I have
just acquired a 32S-1 that I'll get on the air in a couple of weeks or so.
I look forward to seeing just how that PA performs.  I'd expect that when
properly neutralized that I will find that bringing the PA slightly out of
resonance will provide slightly more output and better linearity.

Stay tuned.

73
Bob, K4TAX