From: collins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:collins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
pmills7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 2:32 PM
To: carl.domanico@xxxxxxxxxxx; Collins Listserver
Subject: {Collins} Re: HELP !!!!

"collector quality" means it is supposed to sit on a shelf and look
good.
:-)

Carl,

Do you have a manual?  If you did not switch into transmit mode by going
the "tune" or "lock key" position, then you were still in receive mode.
In
receive,
the meter functions as an s-meter regardless of the setting of the front

panel
switch.  Your manual's service section will tell you how to adjust the
s-meter
controls.  It is normal in Collins equipment for the s-meter to peg to
the
far right
when a receiver is first turned on.  As it warms up, the meter should
drop
back
to the left of the scale depending on the setting of the rf gain
control.

good luck with it, 73,
Phil
W5BVB