From: "Walter E. Cheatham" <wearlc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <carl.domanico@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Collins Listserver" <COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 5:04 PM
Subject: {Collins} Re: HELP !!!!

> Hello to all,
>
> An interesting item about the "radio-mart" guy. I had been watching some
> of his auctions recently when one day I noticed he was gone ("not a
> registered user"). Then I noticed some other seller was selling some
> Collins items and the photos and text (font) looked exactly like
> "Radio-Mart's". I read some of the "new" guys feedback and one negative
> one was that the person that posted the feedback accused him
> (gottahaveit1995) of also being Radio-mart. I got curious so I watched a
> few days and then this "new" guy was off ("not a registered user"). I
> bring this up simply to say the I am somewhat surprised yet encouraged
> that eBay is really watching out for the "good" customers.
>
> Incidentally, I did but two items from Radio-mart last year and was not
> really 100% happy (more like 99%-98%) with the two (51S-1 and a 312B-3)
> but was too generous with my feed back. I've "grown up" a bit since then
> so I'll be a bit more watchful from now on.
>
> Walter Cheatham (not yet licensed but working on it)
> near Phoenix AZ
>

> PS. Remember, I'm almost 62 and so things go a bit slow these days.
>
> Carl Domanico wrote:
>
> > Help !A few weeks ago I purchased a Collins KWM2A Round from a fellow by
the name of Radiomart, his name was Martyn on e-bay. He claimed it was
collector quality ! I paid about
> > $ 1650.00 for the Transceiver. He had no power supply, so I found
another fellow in Florida who had a 516F-2 with cabinet and said he
re-capped the unit about 6 months ago. Well I plugged the power supply into
the KWM2A and turned the switch on the upper left had corner to on ! I put
the meter in the plate current position so as I would be able to adjust the
Bias Current to 40 ma after the radio warmed up. The meter was pegged to the
far right above the 400 ma point. I waited 4-5 minutes expecting the meter
to drop to the far left hand side, However for some reason or another the
meter would only stay pegged to the far right !! So I turned off the power
supply, to prevent any damage to the radio or supply ! I need the help of
some of you Collins Pros out there to give me some sort of step by step
direction, as to what components to look at that would cause a problem like
this to occur !!

> > Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first
Collins KWM2A !

http://www.collinsradio.org

http://www.collinsradio.org