{Collins} KWS-1 PA tuning

I  finally purchased a KWS-1 for restoration and arranged to pick it up
in Texas during August.  In the mean time, I also found a KWS-1 "parts
unit", quoted as having some missing parts, no power supply, and some
external cosmetic damage.

As it turns out, I've got my hands on the parts unit prior to picking up
the complete KWS-1.  It doesn't look too bad after all, with the only
major cosmetic problem being a broken knob, and the only major
components missing being the PA Plate RF choke (L403 ) and the larger of
the two roller inductors (L401).   L401 is specified as 15 uH, 24
turns.  I find my junkbox contains a Johnson rotary inductor of
identical physical size to L401 that is 18 uH, 27 turns, which would
scale to 16 uH for 24 turns.  It looks like I can shoehorn the Johnson
inductor into the PA cage, so I'm thinking maybe I can get this one
going too, as I have some experience with designing and building
regulated HV power supplies.

Have any of you KWS-1 aficionados done any finagling with the KWS-1 PA
tuning?  How critical is it?  Also, has anyone tried to add 160 meter
capability to a KWS-1?

Bob
WB4TGG