{Collins} KWM2/2A harness wire list available?? INFO so far!! de K7VS

Well Jim, this particular turret has has either four or five wires, all part
of the voltage distribution, if my memory serves me correctly.  One goes
back to the t/r relay section (threy both work) and another goes over to the
RF cage on the bottom thru the feedthru's inder the chassis and no problems
there, but there is one or two more.  One delivers power from the low
voltage supply to that particular turret tie point but the other one when
reattached to that particular turrret point causes the low voltage to go to
ground when reattached.   I really tried to chase the last wire to this tie
point out, working with the schematic and wire color code but just couldn't
seem to get the one wire that was going to a shorted componet traced out.

I guess it is all academic at this point as I finally hollored "uncle" and
sent it up to my old collins repair friend that I have known for about forty
years, I guess.  Up in the Portland, Oregon.  He tells me that over the
years he has kinda figured out most of the wiring harness but still has
trouble with it at times.  And that as far as he knows, Collins never did
produce one for the field technicians, which he was one of up till they
dropped their ham line and Portland Radio Supply finally closed.  He now
works out of his home and is semi retired.

Enjoyed the comments  on your experiences and will let you know if I get
lucky on this one.  Yes, would be very helpful to lots go guys and received
many email requests and comments such as yours so many looking for something
along this line.  Van, K7VS