From: collins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:collins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of =
XE1YZY@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 8:26 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} KWM2A Microphones

Hi to all...
=20
I about to finish the restoration of my KWM2A, the radio is now  =
working
very=20
good, my last problem is find the right microphone, the manual says  " =
High=20
Impedance microphone" but how much is that?.
=20
I test the radio with a Normal Z microphone, about 600  Ohms, and =
speaking=20
normaly I only have 40- 50 Watts in the output, if  Im speak loud, the =
KWM2A

reach 100 Watts.
=20
Maybe I can use a  microphone preamplifier, but Im afraid about  =
overloading

the first microphone  amplifier, or maybe Modify the  input in order to =

accept a low Z microphone ( but my "purist " soul refuses to  make that =
hi
hi).
=20
Thanks in advance!
=20
Pedro XE1YZY
 M=E9xico City.
=20
Sponsored by the Collins Collectors Association =
http://www.collinsradio.org

This communication may contain information that is proprietary, =
privileged,
confidential or legally exempt from disclosure.  If you are not a named
addressee, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of =
the
sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and
delete it from your computer. Thank you. St. Jude Medical, Inc.=20