{Collins} Re: KWM2A Microphones

Remember that speaking normally into the mic, you will only see peaks of=20
around 25 watts on SSB.  To see full power, you need to put a continuos=20
tone into the microphone, like a signal generator or whistling into the=20
mic, or in your case speaking load. If you want to see peak power on your=20
watt meter, you will need to get a peak reading meter.  I use Drake W4's=20
here with peak reading board by HI-RES Communications.

So it sounds like you are getting normal power output.

D-104's or Shure 444's work good.

Mark

   At 11:25 AM 10/21/04, XE1YZY@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Hi to all...
>
>I about to finish the restoration of my KWM2A, the radio is now  working=
 very
>good, my last problem is find the right microphone, the manual says  " High
>Impedance microphone" but how much is that?.
>
>I test the radio with a Normal Z microphone, about 600  Ohms, and speaking
>normaly I only have 40- 50 Watts in the output, if  Im speak loud, the=
 KWM2A