{Collins} SSN ST James Gray and the 51J

Can anyone out there tell me if SSA St. James Gray spray paint will
match the luster that the original cabinet had.  It seems as if my
cabinet is more a satin/flat finish than a gloss.  I have a can of San
paint and also a can of Krylon Semi Flat Black.  I know what the Krylon
looks like, it's a decent match.  I've never used the SSA St.J.G.  If I
decide to over spray my 51J-4 cabinet which brand would look more
natural??
  Also, has anyone changed the dial drum overlay on a J-4.  Instructions
say to remove the drum.  That looks like a semi major job.  It looks
possible to do the job by removing the upper cross bar (easy job) and
then carefully apply the transfer.  I can see that a mistake could be a
disaster.  Any ideas??  Thanks and 73. de Fred.