{Collins} Re: SSN ST James Gray and the 51J

Fred,

I have used the SSN St James Gray and it looks like a perfect match to me. I
have done a set of Gold Dust Twins and sitting next to an original paint
312A-1 there is no discernable difference in luster or color.

I have had the best results with over sprays using 2 to 3 very light coats
letting each dry about 15 minutes.

I don't know about the 51J-4 but the 75A-4 drum can be removed by carefully
loosing the brackets holding the shaft enough to allow the drum to be slid
off the shaft on the end away from the S-meter. I then sand down the drum
removing the old decal. After cleaning, I place it on the edge of the trim
on a door frame and draw a pencil mark lengthwise. This will give you a
perfect reference mark for applying the new decal or overlay. Though I
haven't done it, I'm told a light coat of Krylon matte clear finish will
help keep the overlay from marring and dust.

Good luck,

Roger NJ2R