{Collins} 32S3 tuned to 28.6 Mhz generates 31.695 Mhz 100 watt output Why??

This is a late collins meatball (30K serial number) that I have gone thru
the "laboratory" alignment process.  Everything came out just fine 3.5 thru
21 Mhz but I get output on 28.5 band position of 31.695 Mhz and the plate
circuit, although drawing lots of current is non-resonant.  The
non-resonance kinda makes sense as I am probably out range of the tuned
plate circuit at that frequency but cannot understand why the output is
approximately 3 Mhz high.  The right crystal is in the rig along with a
couple other ten meter xtals and they all show this approximate frequency as
noted above.  Any thoughts?

One further question.  I have a 3.9 trimmer than seems to "float" and has no
resistance like the others.  Is this indicative of the button and top
sections being "frozen" together.  I know there have been problems with
these trimmers but not sure if there is a way to really tell if that is a
problem.  Does this characteristic suggestion a "frozen" trimmer?