{Collins} Re: Beryllium Oxide

Beryllium, and its alloys and compounds, should be treated with
considerable respect, although there's no need for panic. The major
hazard is inhalation. Some people can inhale the stuff without apparent
ill effect, while others can develop a sensitivity leading to serious
problems.

Brush Wellman, a leading supplier of beryllium products, provide a lot
of useful stuff on this subject on their website. Go to
www.brushwellman.com, and click on Environmental Health and Safety.
Works with Internet Explorer, but not with Netscape 7.

73
Bob