{Collins} Re: Microphone for 32s-3

Lawrence,

Almost any good HI-Z dynamic mic will work just fine.  You will hear =
many
Collins ops using these mics:  EV 664, 619, 674; Astatic D-104, 10-DA; =
Shure
444, etc.  There are those who do not particularly care for the Collins =
mics
(made by Turner), especially if there is any sort of premium paid for =
the
name, as they have not aged well in the last few decades, however, audio =
is
such a subjective thing...

In recent years the Heil Gold Line Vintage has also become popular.  =
Many of
us enjoy finding some of these old classic mics at swaps for $20 each =
and
taking a chance to see how it sounds with the Collins transmitters.  If =
the
mic still works as designed, you'll probably get good audio reports...

Have fun with your S/Line and hope to hear you on the air!
--
73,
Floyd Soo, W8RO