{Collins} Re: calling any 651s-1 gurus out there...

Thanks everybody for the replies to my call.

I worked on the 651S-1 today.  Then checked my email.

Thankyou for the offers for a manual.  I got one coming today, so I suppose
in the forever it takes to make its way in the mail I'll have one.  I took
the radio apart and cleaned it up really well.  Next trip out will be with
spectrum analizer and signal generator.  I suspect the LSB filter is weak,
as the signal strenghts are much lower than the other filters.

Here is what I discovered:

One of the emails mentioned 6VDC to keep the memory alive.  There are
terminals on the back for 6VDC.  So, I am thinking you put a 6VDC
rechargable battery on the terminals?

Figured out how to turn the decimal points on and off.  There is a 68Ohm
resistor you install to make the decimal come on.  Mine was missing one
decimal - Fixed.

Ian- The audio trace comment was in response to a email you sent with the
same information.  I'm going out to look at my audio card now.  I imagine
its unmodified because when I turn the knob fast it blanks out.  By shutter
buzz you mean the scratchyness I hear when turning the dial slowly.  My one
complaint is how bad it sounds when tuning.  I wonder if that is "normal" or
a defect.  Probably why they blanked the audio to begin with.

Mac - I'm glad you enjoy my old 8054 so much.  Taking that system down was
probably one of the least-thought inspired things I have done.

Dave
K7UXO