{Collins} Re: Caig Laboratories contact cleaners

Well, not exactly.

What your reference says (regarding use on phenolic switches) is "if a
little gets on the surrounding area, it should not be a problem, but you
would NOT want to saturate the adjacent area".  The same reference also
warns against using any polar liquid such as alcohol on phenolic or
other porous materials.  Which is why I use D100L liquid on  _switch
contacts_, or if unavailable, I spray a little D5 into the cap and apply
it as a liquid.  I don't use ANY "spray" type cleaner on switches or any
other "general" area of equipment.  Spraying anything other than Freon (
a VERY effective degreaser/cleaner ) generally does more harm than good,
serving primarily to attract and hold dust and other contaminants.

CAIG CaiLube MCL is the recommended product for carbon pots.  It IS a
spray, and a small shot inside a pot will make it work and feel like new.

As you say, the right product for the job IS important.  There is NO
"magic bullet" that you can spray on with a hose and cure all ills!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake 2-B, B & C Line Service CDs
www.k4oah.com