{Collins} Re: Heath Power supply

Hi Guys,

For the article on how to convert the Heathkit HP-23x power supply to
Collinsuse, go to http://www.collinsra.com/cra_album/0012/cra_0012.html[1]

Be careful!  While the Heath supply also uses the 11 pin socket for piping
the power to the transmitter, its pin connections are different from the
Collins 516-F2, so you have to make up your mind which standard you will
use,Collins or Heath.

73
Kevin
VK3DAP / ZL2DAP
Keith Carlsen wrote: On the Heath remailer there was some info about using a
HP 23 power suppl= y on a KWM-2 .Well I have a KWM 2 A and I have a Heath
supply and would lik= e to use it on the KWM-2 A that I have .What I need to
know is what has to = be done to do this.I hate hit and miss to make things
work what I need it in= fo >from someone who has done this.I have also heard
that there was an articl= e on this that was published .If anyone has this
article can I get a copy please.=0D I also still need a cabnet for my radio
anyone have an extra.Mine was a r= ack mount.Been looking for one since
Dayton=0D Hopeing I can get some help on this=0D Carl W9TAD I would think
theMain B+ of the S-line gear would work fine on either 250 or 300 volts but
to be perfectly safe I would choose the 250 volt setting. I can't imagine
anyharm but performance could be slightly affected especially on transmit.
Ifyou have a service monitor (you should, or be a member of a club that
does)you could run a proof of performance test this way. Sponsored by the
Collins Collectors Association http://www.collinsradio.org[2] Nets: Tues:
3.805 Mc-2000 Central / Thur: 3.875 Mc-2000 Central Fri: 3.895 Mc-2000
Pacific / Sun: 14.263 Mc-2000 UTC 1st Wed (of the month) AM Net 3.880
Mc-2000local (ET, CT, MT, PT) Sun AM Net: 29.050 Mc-1200 Central