{Collins} Re: 32S3 Dial Assembly Calibration

Rod:

Before you touch any of the mechanics make sure the end spread adjustment
is correct. If correct
it will 0 beat exactly at 0 and 200 on the dial.  If not adjust the coil on
the top of the
PTO until you get it correct, trial and error. If you make and adjustment
here it will usually effect where the 0 and 200 are positioned at zero
beat.  Ideally you would like this at 12:00.  If not
you then have two loosen the set screws on the dial and turn the PTO knob
to put it at 12:00.  I usually like to do it on 20 meters and just set it a
little to the right of 12:00.  It can vary a little from band to band and
during warm up it may move a little to the left.

Once the above is down pat then you want to check the stop points and see
how far outside the 0 and 200 it will go past the set hairline.  It should
be about the same each side, but not exact.  If far out then you have to
adjust the stop points with the sleeve with two set screws on it right in
the front of the PTO. One set screw in recessed the and other on is much
longer protruding out. You have to loosen both of them and move the sleeve
ever so slight.  It is trial and error.

Kurt Keller