To: <COLLINS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 12:24 AM
Subject: {Collins} Re: Why no UHF connectors???

A better question is: Why Art had such a dislike of SO-239, UHF connectors? They jumped from the dinky "phono" connector to the overkill "N" types, but NEVER an easy UHF connector. I've heard some rumors about some sort of conflict with the OEM Amphenol, but does anybody who the real reason???

I abjure, loathe and detest SO/PL-239s myself. Real radio equipment uses N's or BNC or TNCs! Including that coming out of Cedar Rapids today.