Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: {Collins} Re: Kwm2a and 75S3 (TRANSCEIVE)

your saying what can be done in the loose sense, but in the strict sense is quite a bit different ..quite easily the 75s3 receiver can be used as a stand alone receiver,  I think I saw a response last week calling it TRUE DUAL receive as someone called it .. this is very true .. but in this roll you will not be able to switch the VFO's from set to set .. back and forth ... but it does allow you to work full split ..  you just cant hot swap the transmit position freq.  then later didn't someone allow with slight modification, the ability to hot swap the VFO's of the sets, im very unsure of the success of this,  where on the 32s transmitter it makes allowances for this ability via. the fron control switch.   while the kwm-2/2a makes this possible thru the outboard switching contained within the outboard 312b-5 VFO console ..  I think the best you can expect is to have 2 full receiver ability, and one trans,it ..   it can be done, to split the kwm-2/2a  but will require some effort at internal switching where now that is carried out thru the 9 pin socket inside on the kwm chassis ..with a outboard cable running to the outboard 312b-5 vfo ..you cant just do it with RCA jumper cables.. someplace has to be the real analog VFO switching matrix ..   any of this make sense .. mac/mc  w5mc

Located 46 miles due North of the Alamo, and 121 miles due South of the Western White House.   see my website at  www.collinsandharrisradios.com