{Collins} Re: Early Serial numbers

OK, I am really getting into this serial number thing. Between working on
the 30K series and trying to figure out why my 1935 32F transmitter is
serialized #5942 when there were only 25 made, I have gotten well into
trying to figure out what the numbering scheme was during the 30s. They sure
hadn't made 5942 pieces of equipment by the end of 1935 so it is not just a
straight forward count of the early gear.

Would anybody out there who has a piece of equipment made in the 30s care to
help. Again, all inputs confidential. There are three of us working on this,
one of which is an ex Collins employee and a historical preservationist. We
need what you can give us regarding model, serial number, what market area
it was shipped into if you know and the date shipped as close as you know,
even if it is just the range of dates that the gear was made.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, and in return I will share what
ever we figure out in summary form. I will NEVER share who owns what. Please
reply off list.

Again also, if the gentleman that purchased the 32F off eBay a couple of
years ago sees this, would you contact me.

Regards,
Bill
N7OTQ
Original CCA # 009
K0CXX, Trustee, Mogollon Rim Collins Collectors Club