{Collins} Re: SPRAGUE ORANGE DROP CAP REPLACEMENTS FOR 32S-1

The only capacitors that you have to worry about
polarity are basically electrolytics.

The old paper type capacitors did NOT have any
polarity marked.  What you are probably confusing with
polarity is the indication of outside foil which was
the connection to the one of the two foils which form
the capacitor which was the outermost.  That is the
one nearest the outer surface of the capacitor.

Capacitors like orange drops do not have any
indication of outside foil.  Frankly, you can install
the capacitor in either direction without any
problems.

Glen, K9STH

--- K6XN <k6xn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Team, I am replacing the old paper capacitors in my
1960 era Collins 32S-1 with Sprague "orange drop" high
quality polypropylene capacitors. The "positive" and
"negative" leads on the orange drops aren't marked.
Which lead is "negative" or doesn't it make any
difference with orange drops?

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals?