{Collins} Re: 75A-1 problem



Wow, I had no idea that the problems could be caused by tube socket screws or aluminum shields! Thanks for all the suggestions, it looks like I have some work ahead of me. I’ve got a few other receivers I need to order caps for, looks like I’ll be adding another! I think I’ll be an expert at re-capping and re-aligning after all is said and done. Thanks again,

 

James KB2FCV

 


From: Donovan W. Case [mailto:dwcase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 12:38 PM
To: Kern, James
Subject: Re: {Collins} 75A-1 problem

 

Hi James

 

I had the same issue with my 75A1, and have heard of others experiencing the same thing.  I tightened all the tube socket screws, cleaned the sockets, and cleaned all of the varible coils (sprayed inside where the iron core moves).  The problem disappeared.  I used MG chemicals super contact cleaner with poly phenyl ether.  Deoxit works well, too. 

 

I noticed there was a fine iron oxide residue appeared with the spray cleaner.  It made me think there was some surface rust starting on the iron.

 

Hope that helps.

 

73

 

Donovan

VE1BDC


This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.



This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail (Mailman edition) and MHonArc.