{Collins} Re: Wrinkle Paint

Wrinkle paint can be purchased at auto supply stores in a limited range of
colors, I think only red, black and gray.  Using it and obtaining an even
wrinkle finish takes practice.  It can not be applied over an existing
finish.  You have to strip to bare metal and apply the wrinkle paint in a
thick coat without primer.  The temperature at time of application and
drying has to be warm.  It helps to apply heat in the form of an oven for
small parts or a heat lamp to the surface as it dries.

The wrinkling depends on the surface of the paint drying and contracting to
pull on the underlying undried paint.  It is not easy to get a uniformly
wrinkled surface.

David
KC2JD/4

.