{Collins} KWS-1 Drive Cont.

  First off I would like to thank everyone that has sent me emails and
documentation in helping troubleshooting my lack of grid drive. One of the
things I have come up against is a couple of mods that I am unsure of. The
Tune/Operate switch has been disconnected and wired for some other purpose
perhaps and external key switch. I feel this is or was an important switch
in tuning up and saving wear on the finals so off came the front cover (not
for the faint of heart) and I restored it to it's original function. Lucky
the wires were still there and taped up and now I can reduce the screen
current voltage for tuning up. Now the real interesting one is the ALC
function mod. The original tube 6X4 was replaced with a 6AL5 and the ALC 10k
pot was replaced with a switch. Does anyone know if this was a sanctioned
mod? I am considering putting this back the way it was.

Thank You
Thomas Elmore  KA1NVZ
Anchorage, Alaska

.