{Collins} Re: Equipment vent fans,need for

That works nicely because the fan goes on with the 32S.
I use Muffin fans with in-line switches on all my BA gear.  At little air
movement makes a big difference.
I know that all these radios were designed for use in "normal" ambient
conditions without forced air, but after cooking for 40 or 50 years they
could use a little break.

Jim

> At 10:50 AM 6/15/2007, you wrote:
>>I have been operating a S Line 3 series for a year and a half and have
>>often wondered if a small vent fan in the 32S3 was desirable?
>

> YES.
>
> Get a 12 volt computer type fan. mount rubber feet on four corners.  Get
> one diode, one filter cap, a bit of wire and a phono plug. Hook it all up
> plug the wire into the rear 6.3 volt phono jack.  The fan will be running
> on 9 or 10 volts, and will be very quiet.
>
> Put the fan on the top of the radio.
>
> Make one for your linear, too.
>
> Done.  Your radios will be happier.
>
> Roy