{Collins} Re: 75A-4 AM filters

For AM use, you can also make your own filter, using some small 455 kHz if
transformers out of the old transistor radios.  Some of the surplus
electronic houses sell them.  Use 3 or 4 coupled with small coupling
capacitors and you can get a reasonable shape.  A spectrum analyzer helps to
look at the shape.

You can also purchase some small 455 kHz. ceramic filters for next to
nothing.  I used a couple of those and ended up with a nice filter.  I think
I installed them inside some copper pipe and it looked very nice when I was
finished.

Colin  K7FM

.
      http://www.collinsradio.org/html/membership.html    -paypal accepted-